So you’d like to write a guest BLOG post for Disable My Disability? Well, that excites me!
Here’s what you need to know:
Your post must focus on one of the following topics that I cover here on Disable My Disability:
- Fitness and Nutrition as it pertains to having a disability
- Encouragement/Inspiration for those who have disabilities
Your post cannot be an advertisement for a product or service that you offer.
- Your post must be ORIGINAL and cannot be a post that has been published anywhere else online or in print. This includes your own BLOG or website.
- You agree not to post anywhere else, including your own BLOG or website. You can create a ‘teaser’ and link to the post here on Disable My Disability.
- You can give me up to FOUR Byline links that you would like included in your post. These should be 1) Link to you website/BLOG, link to your About Me page, link to your Twitter, and link to your Instagram.
- Your post should be more than 500 words long but less than 800 words.
- I will probably edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I end up making any substantive changes (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may or may not write an introduction or conclusion to your post that will explain a bit as to why I feel the post is important for readers of Disable My Disability. I’ll be sure that my words are distinct from yours so that my readers will know the difference.
I know that writing a BLOG post is not the easiest thing in the world to do. However, I cannot accept all of the posts that are submitted to me. I will only accept guest blog posts that I personally feel will benefit my readers. It is my sole discretion weather or not your post will be published.
Also, if I don’t approve your guest post, please understand that I do not have time to explain why it wasn’t accepted. I simply do not have the time to put towards any explanation. Thank you so much for your understanding.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email me [dmd at tonyjacobsen dot com] for consideration. Subject should be GUEST BLOG POST. I get quite a few submissions so please give me a few weeks to respond.
- Please tell me, in a couple sentences, what you do, along with your BLOG/Website address and URLs for your Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Please tell me what your current readership/following is like: number of BLOG subscribers, Facebook friends/likes, Twitter and Instagram followers.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers via the various social networks when it comes to comments on your post.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you and reading your potential posts!