Episode #4 of the DMD Fit For Life Podcast! With special guest, Dr. Neel Desai!
In this episode, I introduce a brand new segment called, “Talkin’ O.I. with Dr. Desai”
We’re covering a lot of topics about Osteogenesis Imperfecta, so see the show notes below for what we discuss as well as links to things that we discuss.
WATCH THE PODCAST!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST!
We cover the following topics;
– Who is Dr. Neel Desai and what is his O.I. story?
– The four prongs of O.I. information
– The lack of knowledge and awareness of O.I.
– Why it’s important to have a Dr. that says, “I don’t know.”
– What to do if you’re provider doesn’t know about O.I.
– Are Doctors giving un-guided care or not enough, or both?
– The difference between clinical work and research
– Why Orthopedic Surgeons will tell you that you need surgery
– Why having a TEAM of Doctors is important or O.I. care
– What providers need to do to get information about O.I. and give the best care possible?
– What patients with O.I. can do to help their Doctors understand what is involved with O.I.
– Learn about the Children’s Foundation Omaha and the plan to build an O.I. clinic and find out how to donate
– Dr. Desai’s Facebook Groups
LINKS DISCUSSED IN THE SHOW:
OI Dads Group on Facebook:
Health & Fitness for O.I. Facebook Group:
Tony Jacobsen on Facebook:
Dr. Desai email:
Want more of the DMD Fit For Life Podcast?
IF YOU FOUND VALUE IN THIS VIDEO, PLEASE CONSIDER SHARING.